WHAT SET US APART
A vast number of elements combine to make an institution unique. Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai is affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai since 1978-79. It is a premier institute governed by the Atomic Energy Education Society, an autonomous body under Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India, and located at the foothill of Anushaktinagar in the picturesque backdrop of natural greenery. It is dedicated to impart education at intermediate level i.e. Higher Secondary level in Science, Vocational and Commerce stream to the wards of DAE employees.
Education is the modification of behavior through acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, etiquette, and habits. Educational methods include teaching, training, discussion and directed research, innovation, etc. including assessment process.
Following aspects sets Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai apart among Educational institutions
• Well Planned Academic system percolates excellence in HSC Examinations every year,
• AEJC also stands among the best ten Junior Colleges in Mumbai on the basis of HSC exam conducted by Maharashtra Board of Secondary &
Senior Secondary Examination,
• Four students of AEJC got eligibility for INSPIRE Scholarship (SHE-Scholarship for Higher Education) offered to the best 1% top scoring students in Board Examination 2020.
• Large no. of passed out students of AEJC are in active research, entrepreneurs and leaders in various areas**,
• Result Statistics shows the improvement of pass percentage (97.64%), excellence index (64.15) and quality index (6.28) from earlier years.
• Well defined learning and assessment process, informed to all stake holders in advance,
• Regular feature of MCQ Test refreshes teachers and learners on the extent of learning,
• Classroom interaction of teachers with students, supported with tutorial class for individual attention makes learners confident,
• 40 minutes are allotted for each period for a class (for online class 45 minutes as per direction from the Board including joining time),
• Regular follow up of learning by respective subject teacher,
• Microsoft Team is used for online learning (using Graphic Tablet for better presentation) and assessment process during Lockdown Period,
Faculty and Support with Adaptability of New Challenges:
• Devoted, highly experienced and qualified Faculty of AEJC know, support and believe each of their students while providing the gift of Valued
Learning with Empathy,
• Faculty members have an excellent adaptability. Under the lockdown situation, arose due to the prevention of the spread of COVID-19, online
system of learning started from the 1st of April 2020 to avoid academic loss of the registered students of AEJC,
• Co-curricular Activities are also conducted for all-round development of young scholars (presently activities are conducted online with good
nuumber of participants),
• Maximum number of students in a class is 55, which sets our low Student-Teacher ratio.
• Science, Vocational Science and Commerce streams of the College are attended on one campus,
• Vocational Science stream develops vocational skills of students in the areas of Electronics, Computer science and Electrical Maintenance
• College is equipped with fully furnished and spacious 30 class rooms, well designed and equipped laboratories of Physics, Chemistry, Biology,
Mathematics, Information Technology, Electronics, Electrical Maintenance, and Computer sciences (Vocational),
• Well-equipped English Activity Room, Audio visual Rooms (with internet facility)
• A very spacious and rich Library with more than 26,000 books catering to the demand of all students and teachers,
• A well maintained Botanical Garden with large no. of Medicinal Plants is associated with Biology Lab,
• A huge fully Air-conditioned Multipurpose hall for hosting various indoor Cultural Activities with large sitting capacity,
• Lush grounds with approx. 95*55 m Football ground and 28m X 58m play-field area (Basket ball ground),Well equipped Sports room with
Gymnasium, Athletics facilities for Shot-put, Discus, Long Jump and high Jump, sprint and other indoor games,
• A well engineered Open Air Auditorium set in the heart of the college where regular assembly and other activities are organized with the
aim to develop various skills like Public Speaking, Creative Thinking, Performing Art, etc. among young scholars.
Health, Hygiene and Sensitization:
• Regular Cleaning and sensitization of building including all washroom blocks used by Boys, Girls and staff
(washroom cleaning three times a day),
• In every term measurement of height, Weight, BMI of students by Physical & Health Department,
• Contact Free Sanitize dispensers are installed to ensure safety and hygiene of all members in view of COVID-19 situations
(adaptability of the new situation),
• Hand held Thermal Screening device is in use to ensure entry of restricted visitor in view of healthy atmosphere in the college,
The Opportunity & Freedom to Flourish within the Framework of Guidelines:
• AEJC offers many opportunities for growth within a loving and caring environment. As a result, students find the freedom and
focus to perform to the full extent of their abilities,
• Organization of Student council, Co-curricular Activities planned and executed for whole year as leadership development among students,
• Motivation to the students in Participating students in Youth Festivals, Science and math’s Exhibitions, Olympiad and
VVM Exams opens doors of opportunities for them,
• Opportunity is available for Participation in DSO, SPLASH Tournaments and various state level tournaments organized by
prestigious clubs or government bodies,
• Exposure of each student towards various areas of their individual interest and aptitude to develop competence and confidence
in whatever pursuit he or she may choose, while promoting kindness and conscience,
• A strict vigilance over the discipline of students to bring out a strong moral character in them,
• A special emphasis on attendance monitoring of students through contact free digital face recognition system.
• Students in XI & XII Class interact frequently, which fosters family atmosphere among all students and faculty
members, Common assemblies and pep rallies,
• Parent volunteerism encouraged,
• Students have the opportunity to participate, achieve and excel in multiple areas of Sports, Cultural and Co-curricular Activities.
Accounts & Finance:
• AEJC is funded By AEES, Mumbai an autonomous body under Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India
• Felicitation & utilization of funds is strictly monitored by Principal, Chairman, Local Management Committee and Competent authorities of AEES,
• All Book of Accounts are under CAG audit.
Safety & Security:
• Campus has 24x7 surveillance by CCTV cameras and Security Personnel.
• Shreya Ghoshal, Singer,
• Mamta Naidu, Life Scientist, NASA Panel Reviewer,
• Lalchand Rajput International Cricketer
• Surya Kumar Yadav International Cricketer, IPL Player
• Mansi Joshi Paraolympion Badminton
• Prabhat Koli, International Swimmer.