AEJC - Library
A well-equipped and well-managed library is the foundation of modern educational structure.
Education and library service are twins and one can not live apart from the other.
- To inculcate reading habits among the students.
- To train them in the art of self-education.
- To supplement the knowledge (of the students) which they acquire from their teachers.
Collection of books and periodicals:
Started in the year 1969 with 1000 books, the library has a rich collection of 25,400 books now. Library also subscribes
to 12 leading newspapers and 35 most popular magazines like Outlook, India Today etc. The book selection work is done by:
- Heads of Departments
- Members of Library Committee
- College staff
Details of the activities:
- Working hours: Library remains open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Types of books issued: All types of reference books and fiction novels are issued to the readers.
- Circulation of books: On an average 1500 books are issued in a month.
- Utilization: Around 200 readers visit the library and refer to different types of books and periodicals everyday.
- New arrivals are being displayed to bring them to the notice of the readers.
- Award winning books are displayed to encourage readers to read quality books.
- Students are asked to give their suggestions regarding any additional facility required from the library.
- For proper circulation of books which are in high demand, a system has been introduced in which a reader can fill the demand slip and reserve a book in advance.
- According to the objectives mentioned in the ISO certification and quality objectives, we have taken up an aim to add new books per year to the college library.
New entries will include books pertaining to all kinds of competitive examinations.
||Name of the member
||Shri. D. Homray
||Shri. U Suryawanshi
||Shri. A K Srivastava
||Shri R N Tiwari
||Shri K J Joy
||Ms. Omita Mandal
||Smt. Rani Sastry